Call For Participants Film & Employment Virtual Training Workshop
Programming will be delivered through intakes which run for 6 weeks,
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Intersections' goal is to help its participants take steps towards long-term attachment to the workforce, or towards continued education. Through an exciting and innovative workshop format incorporating life lessons and state-of-the-art technology, Intersections provides youth with the tools and skills needed to create compelling digital video projects.
The program is delivered at no cost to the participant. All program and support materials will be provided, and certifications are paid for on the participants’ behalf. Participants are paid minimum wage during the course of the workshop (40 hours per week).
To qualify, you must be vetted through our provincial and federal funders and you must FULLY exited from any previous employment programs.
If so, and you are...
- Interested in learning basic filmmaking and digital media skills;
- Have a basic understanding of computers and access to WiFi;
- Committed to gaining your work-ready certifications;
- Unemployed (or under-employed);
- Facing barriers to employment and/or education;
- Between the ages of 19-30;
- Living in the Lower Mainland;
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident and legally eligible to work in B.C.;
... then we would like to hear from you!
If you are interested and meet the above eligibility requirements, please contact our
Program Director Kat Thorsen at:
Due to high demand, only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be conducted remotely (e.g., via Zoom).